Do you know what drink is insanely inexpensive to buy, will keep your skin glowing, will help with your digestion, is packed with vitamin C and can help you lose weight? No it isn’t some crazy energy drink, it’s lemon water! Now if you are new to lemon water then you’re a bit late. Lemon water has been around since ancient rome but does lemon water really have these benefits or is it just a fad? Let’s find out!
Lemon is actually jam packed with vitamin C, in fact 187% of your daily recommended serving of vitamin C comes from one fresh lemon. Lemon water also provides your body with potassium, magnesium and copper. Now what are the benefits from Lemon Water?
- Aids in digestion and detoxification: The acids found in lemon juice also encourage your body to process the good suff in foods more slowly. Lemon water benefits the enzyme functions in your body, stimulating the liver and flushing out toxins.
- Bumps up the vitamin C quotient: As an antioxidant, vitamin C also protects cells from oxidative damage. Plus, getting enough vitamin C helps the immune system keep colds and fly at bay. Drinking lemon water daily ensures your body gets a sizable amount of vitamin C daily.
- Rejuvenates skin and heals the body: The antioxidants found in vitamin C do double duty in lemon water. They fight damage caused by free radicals, keeping your skin looking fresh. Getting enough vitamin C from your lemon water also keeps the body producing collagen, essential in smoothing out lines in the face.
- Helps shed weight: lemons contain pectin, a type of fiber commonly found in fruits. Pectin helps you feel full longer; that satiated feeling means you’ll chow down less throughout the day.
- Boosts energy and mood: Our bodies get energy from the atoms and molecules in foods. When negative-charged ions, like those found in lemons, enter your digestive tract, the result is an increase in energy levels au naturel.
Despite the fact that lemon water has several benefits to your body, the acid in lemon water does actually eat away at your tooth enamel. To prevent any enamel damage, a tip to keep in mind it to drink with a straw and drink it before you brush your teeth at night. Other than that, enjoy your lemon water, we sure do!